March 23, 2012

Summit all up

These last two weeks have seen me participating in two "Summit" conferences. One for TE and our distributors and one with Adobe and their partners. In the first, I was a presenter and host and in the other, I was a customer and participant. I'll try to sum it all up (sorry).

The differences and similarities between the two were interesting. The biggest difference was in size. Adobe had over 4,000 people in attendance and it felt like that many in support roles. At the TE event, there were less than a few hundred with only a small crew of support staff. Both conferences had breakout sessions with product reviews and announcements. But the general sessions were different - TE had TE presenters while Adobe effectively used internal and external thought leaders including Arianna Huffington and Biz Stone.

The biggest difference was the role I played. While I did host my team for dinners and events, I also had the honor of sitting on a customer panel and taped a customer testimonial video. I also had a quote in a press release. There was a lot of buzz from the show on social media networks and in the news but I could not find much on TE that week. We are missing an opportunity. While the retun on investment should be a focus, we need to leverage the assets and resources we have to extend our reach and message better outside the summit.

No comments: